Medford and Ashland, Oregon
Nicole Mendoza, FNP
"I am passionate about partnering with each patient on their individual healing journey. True healing may take place when we are able to recognize the connection to our body, emotions, mind, and spirit. Exploring the avenues of wellness is a complex, personal experience for each of us. As every patient is unique, so is each treatment!"
Integrative medicine is a blend of best practice medical care, and healing oriented holistic medicine. It honors Nature's ability to restore, aligning the body to activate it's innate healing response. Patient centered care means getting to know who my patients really are and forming a therapeutic partnership. Taking a holistic approach to medicine nurtures wholeness and recognizes all aspects of the individual. Offering integrative medicine, that is focused on treating the root cause, tailors treatment to each unique patient.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Mahatma Gandhi
As an indigenous member of the Coos tribe I have always felt a strong connection with the earth, its elements, and it's people. My name stands for victory of the people and from a young age I have felt a strong sense of purpose and direction towards traditional-holistic healing practices.
The beginning of my professional journey started in 2006 when I move to Ashland to pursue my career in nursing. The majority of my bedside nursing took place within acute care medicine, in the cardiac intensive care unit. As a CCU nurse, holistic care is an integral part of honoring the patients subjective perspective of experiences and beliefs about health and values. It is in critical care that I shared both moments of profound joy and sadness. Spending consecutive 12 hour shifts managing complex cases, patient and family education, guiding emotional ebb and flow, and delicately navigating the intimate details of peoples lives very few are entrusted. My advance practice journey that has led me here has been very meaningful and offered insight into the kind of integrative preventative care practitioner I'd like to be. I fell so incredibly honored to have found my calling as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
I resonate with the nursing philosophy that a holistic provider must integrate self-care, self-responsibility, spirituality, and reflection within their own lives. Following this practice honors the sacred connection between patient and provider. Siskiyou Vital Medicine is truly the change I wish to see in this world. I am genuinely grateful to be serving the people of Southern Oregon at Siskiyou Vital Medicine.
- Oregon Health & Science University Bachelors of Science Nursing, Registered Nurse
- Western University of Health Sciences: Master of Science Nursing
- Oregon State Board of Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Family medicine- primary care
- Women's Health (annual exams, skin checks, birth control, bio-identical hormones)
- Integrating emotional and physical health
- Prescription medication and supplement management
- Supportive nutritional counseling
- Personal Goal Setting, Counseling
- Thyroid- T3 Certified - the only T3 Certified practitioner in southern Oregon
- Minor surgeries, office procedures, and IV therapy
- Anthroposophical Medicine
- Stress management-Meditation, Journaling, Talking Circles
- Epigenetics - 23&me provider discount www.23andme.com/nicolemendoza
- The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Nurses Service Organization (NSO)
Organizations of Interest
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- Physicians' Association for Anthroposophic Medicine (PAAM)