Ozone Therapy: A Safe Alternative
Siskiyou Vital Medicine's Dr. Duncan is Southern Oregon's Ozone Specialist. He provides patients with ozone therapy to help those who suffer from joint injury, back pain, osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis, and more. Dr. Duncan has chosen to work with ozone because it stimulates the body's innate healing ability. Ozone triggers the body to begin regenerating and repairing connective tissue and it optimizes mitochondrial function, important for healing. Dr. Duncan is adamant about using restorative therapies that, when used correctly, leave the body stronger and more functional. Dr. Duncan's approach to common muscle and skeletal injury is far more superior to steroid therapy and surgery since steroids only leave the body in a more weakened state and surgery rarely replaces what Nature has provided.
Ozone Therapy has been used medically since the 19th Century to treat a variety of illnesses, ranging from viral and bacterial infections to regenerating connective tissue where ligaments, tendons, and cartilage have been damaged. Ozone has even been utilized in cosmetic applications.
FAQ: What You Should Know About Ozone Therapy
- What is Ozone? Ozone is made of three oxygen molecules and, when used improperly, may be harmful to your health, especially if inhaled.
- What conditions does it treat? Ozone has been proven effective in treating osteoarthritis, spinal disc herniation, back pain, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, bone spurs, bursitis, strain/sprains, neural stenosis, sciatica, diabetic neuropathy, and more. This is accomplished by stimulating cartilage, ligament and tendon regeneration.
- How does Ozone compare to steroids? Ozone treats acute and chronic pain, but leaves the body in a stronger state, unlike steroids, that weaken the body without the regenerative effect of the Ozone.
- Is it safe? Ozone therapy is generally safe and effective for most people. Dr. Duncan uses medical grade Ozone and has been trained in injection therapy, insufflation, and Major Auto Hemolytic application.
- What are the side effects to Ozone therapy? Side effects of ozone injections are usually limited to injection site soreness, bruising, and unexpected feelings of wellness.
- How many treatments are necessary? The number of Ozone treatments vary for everyone. Results are usually achieved with 6 to 8 treatments in approximately 85% of those treated.
- What is the cost of this therapy? Ozone Therapy is relatively inexpensive when compared to other conventional therapies. There is a charge of $150 for back and extremity injection sessions, and $200 for neck and facial injection sessions.
Think Ozone Therapy could help you? Schedule a free consultation with Dr. Duncan